jenniferbutler988

Jennifer Butler

I love to read anything that makes me FEEL SOMETHING. I love to cry. I love to laugh. I love to scream. Mostly, I love to love.

The Lonely
Reckless
Skye Jordan
The Lonely
Tara Brown
The Fault in Our Stars - John Green 10 I’M-TASTING-THE-STARS STARSI could read this book every day for the rest of my life. I’m drowning in my tears…suffocating. A constant stream of tears. One falling down with every blink. Eyes filling up like a glass of water. A migraine-inducing cry.That’s the thing about pain. It demands to be felt.And then there are books…which you can’t tell people about, books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like a betrayal.I’m one of those people that often question my purpose in my squirrelly life. Even now, the reason I am writing this review is so that there is a little more purpose in why I read so many books. It gives me an excuse to be less selfish. It’s the little moments in life, that’s what matters. This book has helped to remind me of this. As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once.This book is about Hazel, told from her point of view. She is a cancer patient, but she wouldn’t like that I just called her a cancer patient. She is dry. She is witty. She is awesomesauce.I kept thinking that it sounded like a dragon breathing in time with me like I had this pet dragon who was cuddled up next to me and cared enough about me to time his breaths to mine.She soon meets Augustus in a support group. He is in remission and is also hilarious. They soon find solace in each other’s banter. I wish I had an Augustus when I was sixteen. He is….I can’t even find the words for him. I’m terrible with words, especially after reading this John Green book. I will love Augustus forever…okay.There really isn’t much to say about the story line except that it is perfection. It seems like a story that’s been told before, but trust me when I say that you have never read this story before. Has an author ever made you cry just from writing a simple sentence about nothing? John Green’s words are….beauty personified. He captures…life on pages. Life in all its beauty and all its ugliness, and still makes me laugh through it all, and isn’t that the point?I’m tasting the stars. Favorite quotes (I could just quote the book, but I guess I’ll let you read it instead):Never was Shakespeare more wrong than when he had Cassius note, “The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars / But in ourselves.”All efforts to save me from you will fail.I’m on a roller coaster that only goes up.I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.My thoughts are stars I can’t fathom into constellations.The sun was a toddler insistently refusing to go to bed.We gotta do something about this frigging swing set. I’m telling you, it’s ninety percent of the problem.This moment rocked me. Every time I see a swing set, I’m going to lose it and look like a crazy person crying in front of a swing set.You are going to live a good and long life filled with great and terrible moments that you cannot even imagine yet!Note to the author:Dear John Green,Can I read your grocery lists?