jenniferbutler988

Jennifer Butler

I love to read anything that makes me FEEL SOMETHING. I love to cry. I love to laugh. I love to scream. Mostly, I love to love.

The Lonely
Reckless
Skye Jordan
The Lonely
Tara Brown
Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning 4 SHIVERING STARS!!!Ms. Moning, I applaud you. This is one fantastic, imaginative, original story!!!I love books, by the way, way more than movies. Movies tell you what to think. A good book lets you choose a few thoughts for yourself.The story begins when MacKayla (Mac) receives a mysterious voice message from her sister just a few days before her death, which drives Mac to go to Ireland and do some detective work of her own to uncover her sister’s killer. After roaming the dark streets of Dublin, she stumbles upon a very large bookstore, Barrons Books & Baubles. This is where she meets Jericho Barrons, and the story finally begins for us, ladies! Once I met Barrons, I was lost to him. The room had been full of books before, now it was full of him.Mac’s world is shattered throughout this whole book when she is introduced to the dark world of the Fae. These are the shadows that lurk in the darkness, and the glamoured that are out in broad daylight. She soon discovers that she has a couple of special talents that help her against the Fae. Teaming up with Barrons….well, more like taking orders from Barrons (I’d like to volunteer to take orders from Barrons!), they head out on a mission to discover her sister’s killer.Pause. Deep Breath.Jericho Barrons. He is….I am speechless. What a character. I love him. I want him. I want more of him. He is the owner of Barrons Books and Baubles. He is mysterious, and even at end of this book, we still don’t know much about him. He has many secrets and talents. I cannot wait to learn about his many talents. Hehehe.If he was winter, I was summer. If I was sunshine, he was night. A dark and stormy one.He wasn't just masculine and sexual, he was carnal in a set-your-teeth-on-edge kind of way; he was almost frightening.My Jericho Barrons:The first word that comes to mind when thinking of Mac is….girly. At the beginning of this book, Mac is the typical blonde, pink nails, bright outfit, fashion. As the story progresses, we see Mac change and mature. She changes her hair to brown to hide from those that may be looking for her. We see everything from her point of view, and I was with her the whole way. I liked how she dealt with things. I like her.You, Ms. Lane, are a menace to others! A walking, talking catastrophe in pink!My Mac:This book was effortless and invigorating. It’s not your typical .99 cent piece of smut (and I am a slut for those!), so your expectations need to be adjusted a little. It was refreshing to read such a unique story! I can’t wait to keep going with this series. I am super excited to keep going with this series!!!