jenniferbutler988

Jennifer Butler

I love to read anything that makes me FEEL SOMETHING. I love to cry. I love to laugh. I love to scream. Mostly, I love to love.

The Lonely
Reckless
Skye Jordan
The Lonely
Tara Brown
Consequences - Aleatha Romig (This is going to be more of a journal entry rather than a book review.)This book makes me FEEL so many things, especially ANGER! This book makes me THINK so much! I’ve seen other people describe this book as a mind-fuck, and that is the ONLY way to describe this book. The question that I kept asking myself over and over was, “What would I do?” If my worst nightmare happened, what would I do? How would I react? I have thought over these questions for a while, and I have concluded one thing…….I don’t know. I don’t know what I would do or how I would react because I haven’t been in that situation. I’d like to think that it would take longer than two weeks for me to concede to his every whim. I am very much an introvert, so the alone time would not bother me nearly as much as it bothered her. I think the monotony would bother me more because I crave change. The thing that would drive me literally insane (like strait-jacket insane) would be the loss of my will and freedom and choices. Survival can be so powerful. But would I want to survive? Would I want to die? One of my thoughts was, I would want to die rather than go through what she went through. “Do not disappoint me.” – I just can’t even describe how much therapy and pills I would need if I went through this experience.“Who am I?” …… “You’re a rumor.” – I just wanted to take an axe to his face.I loved that she compartmentalized. This is exactly what I would do.Every time she looked him in the eye, I knew in my soul that I could never do that. I couldn’t lift my head to him or look him in the eye or smile at him, and yet she finds a way to do those things. I hope he dies a slow and painful death.My body is literally trembling reading this book.No! Don’t forgive him! Don’t let him touch you! Don’t talk to him! Why are you even looking at him??? Why do you believe anything he says????? Everything he says is a lie!!!After all that, he wants her to make him a promise??? He doesn’t deserve anything! “A promise, that you’ll do your best to follow my rules. That you’ll do your best – to never give me cause to hurt you again.” What the fuck???? He’s saying that it’s her fault that he hit her even though he says that he misunderstood???? This is so fucked-up.What’s even more fucked-up is that he thinks she is CHOOSING to forgive him. She might think that too. But he took her choices away. She doesn’t have a choice!!!!! Her brain is telling her (subconsciously, because she’s literally brain-washed) that in order to survive, she has to forgive her abuser.The ending scared the shit out of me! I am scared to read the sequel!